Projects Michael has worked on:
Well, this needs to be updated, doesn’t it. Recent projects include
- “A Fuller Sense of Self, 5 Years On” video project with Tricia Bowen and
- “Stories of Resilience“, the
ACAL/ RaPaL Adult Literacy Learner Writing Project.
- “Language and Literacy Preparation for a Heavy Licence”, with PRACE for Armstrongs Driver Education – working with Catherine Davison.
- Educator Communities of Practice, including Foundation Skills and Digital Learning, working with Meg Cotter at Wyndham Community & Education Centre (ACFE).
- “Integrating Digital Learning Locally”, a Digital Learning Project at Lalor Living & Learning Centre.
- Teacher research into using iPads in language and literacy classrooms (PRACE).
- Facilitating live web conferencing sessions with Adult Learning Australia (ALA).
- B.A.R.E. – the Body Appliance Revival Experience (Castlemaine State and Natimuk Festivals) – a dance project from Sam Downing.
Brief Update, August 2016.
Projects and collaborations from the past include:
Can you hear us? Audio + voice technologies (An e-learning innovations project at PRACE, where teachers explored the use of audio technologies in their classrooms.)
Community Engagement (3 year project from the Australian Flexible Learning Framework (Framework) – link goes to the knowledge base / wiki)
Preston Reservoir ACE (a leading provider of Adult Community Education (ACE) in the Northern region of Melbourne.) Digital Learning Coordinator for over 10 years.
Projects from the distant past (no longer online) include:
(Beware: broken links.)
Adult Literacy meets Technology network (a network to connect adult literacy practitioners across Australia)
Snakes Alive! an online audio book from Page Turners. Written by Chris Malakar, illustrated by Moira Hanrahan.. web layout by michael chalk. Currently offline pending conversion to modern html5 format.
English at the Beach (Stories and activities for people learning English as a second language (ESL))
Research into Games for people with mild intellectual disability (A project at PRACE, 2005)
Conversations in ACE Conference (The Eastern region of ACFE conference back in 2006. With Josie Rose, i was invited to assist in collecting audio-visuals from the event.)