I’ve been thinking about this:
How do people use web-based resources in their classroom?
I’m sure the answer is “plenty of different ways”, eg.:
- Blended Learning: group activities involving discussion around a theme or text, followed up by a link to a web site.
- Blended Learning: in a face-to-face class, use a digital projector to engage a whole group with web-based learning activities …
- Ask learners to search for resources and share links (either in a face-to-face group, or in an online course).
- Provide links in a self-access, or independent learning centre.
- Provide links in a blog or podcast, asking learners to complete some activity.
- WebQuests: set up a series of ‘things to find’ on the web, and report back.
- Research project: more extended web quest, aiming at publishing work in student ‘zine.
Is there any research into this? Must be !!
(thanks Leigh Blackall for the image)